[OS X TeX] 10.2 troubles?

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Sun Aug 18 14:13:27 EDT 2002

On Sunday, August 18, 2002, at 03:58 , <get86 at mac.com> wrote:

> Could someone briefly explain what the hazards are or could be from
> installing Jaguar?

1. My distribution will install properly, wth the exception of setting
the PATH for the Terminal application (login shell).

2. When you use TeXShop.app, it will all just work, because TeXShop
itself sets a correct PATH before running TeX.

3. To use my distribution from Terminal.app, you need to make sure that
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current and /usr/local/bin are
added to your shell's PATH setting.

Download the script from ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/macosx/settcshtexpath

Then in a Terminal window, cd to the directory where you have downloaded
the script. Type (3 statements, each is one line, Mail.app may break
them up, in which case you haev to rejoin it

	sudo cp ./settcshtexpath
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/

	sudo chmod +x /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-
current/settcshtexpath

	sudo /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/settcshtexpath

Now, restart Terminal and TeX will be available from the command line.

4. When you use iTeXMac you have to do some specific fiddling as it
seems to use a file that has disappeared between 10.1.5 and 10.2.

In short: my distribution combined with TeXShop.app will just work.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.