[OS X TeX] Mac OS X 10.2 and my TeX installers

Ullrich Steiner u.steiner at chem.rug.nl
Fri Aug 16 09:34:32 EDT 2002

Found a fix for the second error message  (TERM_PROGRAM: Undefined
variable.) as well.

See also: http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118675

Open the file:

"/usr/share/tcsh/examples/aliases"

and comment our the following lines:

if ("$TERM_PROGRAM" == "Apple_Terminal") then
     alias settermtitle 'echo -n ""'
endif

This is the quick and easy fix.  More elegantly (and Apple should have
done this) one should write a wrapper around the three lines that
checks, whether the variable TERM_PROGRAM exists (but I don't know the
syntax to do this).

Btw:  the two fixes go beyond just fixing iTeXMac - this restores the
tsch shell to what is it was before.

- Ulli

e-mail: mailto:u.steiner at chem.rug.nl