[OS X TeX] settcshtexpath trouble

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Sat Aug 24 09:34:33 EDT 2002

>On Saturday, August 24, 2002, at 09:02 AM, Michael Murray wrote:
>>
>>I got the same error in the install. But the install went OK and I put  the
>>following in my .cshrc
>>
>>setenv  PATH
>>"${PATH}:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-
>>current"
>>
>>TeXShop runs fine for me and in Terminal I get
>>
>>mac2[fred]% which altpdflatex
>>/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/altpdflatex
>
>Hmm...nothing seems to work for me: neither my "solution," nor your's.
>If I issue the which command above, I get a "command not found."
>
>Bruce

  You are moving beyond the boundaries of my UNIX knowledge
(not difficult to do!)  Is the file actually in that directory ?
Did you log in and out before trying the `which' command.

Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
School of Pure Mathematics         Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt