[OS X TeX] German "Umlaute" in Index

B. Farwer farwer at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Aug 12 16:25:37 EDT 2002

I think for index entries it is necessary to write the explicit TeX
macros, i.e. {\"u} for ü, etc.
At least that is what I use and it works ... since this is needed only
for the index entries it is not too inconvenient, but you have to
remember using the right macros in the right places :-)

Berndt

On Monday, Aug 12, 2002, at 11:29 Europe/Berlin, Andreas Gschwendtner
wrote:

> Does anybody know how to make LaTeX on Mac Os X print Umlaute (ÄÖÜäöü)
> properly in the index? I enter them in my Document using the following
> method: Ä="A, ü="ü and so on. This works fine everywhere within the
> Document, but not in the Index... Here ä becomes a for Example. Besides
> that, the index looks fine. I use the "makeidx" package and the
> command.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.