[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop PDF Printing

Martin Stokhof stokhof at hum.uva.nl
Wed Jan 30 13:35:10 EST 2002

Hi,

Apologies if this has been discussed here before, but I ran into the
following problem (using TexShop 1.14 and the one but latest teTex
distribution).

I had some plain text with diacritics (Umlauts on u, o, a). I used it
to produce slides, with documentclass "slides", and a document, with
documentclass "article". The pdf's of both looked fine on screen, yet
the printed output was different. The slides ouptut had several
misplaced characters, whereas in the document output everything was
fine. (Both were printed on the same laserprinter.) In the slides
output the character carrying the diacritic sometimes was printed
over the next character to the right, sometimes it was were it should
be. This happened with various characters with umlauts, in a
seemingly random way (some a-umlauts were ok, some were not; and the
same for the others). What puzzles me is how the same source in
diferent LaTeX documentclasses can produce output that looks the same
on screen, yet prints out differently.

Has anybody any idea what is going on here?

Martin
--
ILLC/Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Humanities, Universiteit
van Amsterdam

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.