[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop crashing OS X

Greg Starr starr at unm.edu
Fri Jan 4 19:16:07 EST 2002

Pretty much the same thing happened to me yesterday on my brand-new
PowerBook G4 running 10.1.2.

	--greg

On Friday, January 4, 2002, at 09:42 AM, John Vokey wrote:

> The following has happened twice to me in one day:
>
> Fresh install of OS X 10.1.2 and fresh install of the latest version of
> TeXShop on a Cube with .75 gig of RAM.  No other apps running but
> Classic
> (9.2.2) is active.  Launch TexShop, compile a LaTeX file, and a pdf
> window
> of that file is produced.  Nice.  Click on the source window to bring
> to the
> front; window moves to the front, disappears momentarily, reappears and
> brings the whole OS to a grinding halt: mouse frozen, even force-quit
> wont
> work.  A complete re-boot is required.  Local gremlins (seems unlikely,
> give
> the clean install), or something wonky with TexShop?
> --
> ...when two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity,
> the
> truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is
> possible
> for one side to be simply wrong.  -- Richard Dawkins
>
> John R. Vokey, Ph.D.
> Professor
> Department of Psychology and Neuroscience
> University of Lethbridge

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.

* Gregory P. Starr, Professor and ASME Adviser        *
* Department of Mechanical Engineering                *
* The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 *
* starr at unm.edu          http://www.me.unm.edu/~starr *
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.