[Mac OS X TeX] Custom page sizes

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sat Jan 26 15:51:11 EST 2002

> Ok, I admit my question is not *directly* relevant to the list, but here
> goes.  Under OS 9, I routinely created custom page sizes for the pdfs of
> my documents using Adobe's printer driver (which contains a custom
> option), rather than Apple's LaserWriter 8 (which doesn't).  Now, in OS
> X, I seem to be stuck with the equivalent of Apple's LaserWriter 8, and
> I can no longer create custom page sizes for pdfs of either slides or
> posters---the latter of which I just email to a company with a
> large-scale printer to obtain beautiful, full-colour , 3' x 5' posters
> for conferences.  Any suggestions on what I do now, under OS X with
> TeXShop?

Basically ou need to set the primitives:

  \pdfpageheight
  \pdfpagewidth

to match the desired output page size and shape.

Note that these are *not* the same as \LaTeX's \textheight and \textwidth
or TeX's \hsize and \vsize, which control just the area in which
typesetting takes place.

If you are using macro packages or style files that set the primitives
based on other parameters, then you may need to experiment to find
the best place for specifying what you want.

(e.g. hyperref sets these from \paperheight  and \paperwidth )

The 'geometry' package is very good for handling non-standard
paper-sizes.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

> --
> John R. Vokey

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.