[Mac OS X TeX] Re: TeX fonts and Illustrator 10

Lorenz Szabo lorenzszabo at mac.com
Tue Jan 1 03:50:17 EST 2002

On 2001-12-31 2:44 PM, "Bruno Voisin" <Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr> wrote:

> However, I agree with the view than working with EPS instead of PDF is
> fighting against the tide somehow.

I wouldn't agree with that completely. If you work in a real cross-platform
environment with Unix users, PS is still a lot more 'portable' than PDF. I
also noticed several incompatibilities between different Acrobat Reader
versions. There was a long thread about this problem on the OzTeX list,
where a document printed out on some NT-Machines had missing lines in
formulas.

And, last but not least, Apple's own Preview.app has problems displaying
some PDF documents with LaTex generated formulas!

Nice greetings,

- Lo

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.