[OS X TeX] PSTricks

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Jun 5 11:16:37 EDT 2002

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm a greenhorn in using LaTeX, so this might be a silly question...
> I'm using TeXShop version 1.17 and need to use PSTricks as well.
> Unfortunately, I can't get it to
> work properly. I have put a typical part of the log below (just in case the
> use of PSTricks within
> TeXShop is not a general but an individual problem).

PSTricks does not work directly with the pdfTeX mode of TeXShop.
Instead, you should use TeX+Ghostscript.

> There has been some thread about PSTricks and TeXShop before. I didn't quite
> understand the
> problem there, but the solution was to download a pdftricks.sty file. In

This requires extra processing, or scripts run from the Unix command-line.

> case that's what I need
> to do - what do I do to this file once I've downloaded it?
>
> Thanks for your attention!
> Cheers,
> Nadine

> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/generic/pstricks/pst-all.sty
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/graphics/pstcol.sty
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/generic/pstricks/pstricks.sty
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/generic/pstricks/pstricks.tex
> `PSTricks' v97 patch 14  <1999/12/23> (tvz)
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/generic/pstricks/pstricks.con)))
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/graphics/color.sty
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/config/color.cfg))
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <recently read> \c at lor@to at ps
>
> l.41 \psset at bordercolor{white}
>
> ? ! Undefined control sequence.
> <argument> ...\string \color @white\endcsname \@@

This should go away when the correct driver file is loaded
for dvips as the backend processor, rather than pdfTeX.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

"help" (no quotes) in the body.