[OS X TeX] Verbatim mode question...

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Wed Jun 19 09:33:03 EDT 2002

DM> Piet,
DM> Thanks for your response!

DM> I will look into the "fancyvrb" package. Both your and Ross' solution will
DM> certainly do what I need.

DM> I am grateful to find out about the fancyvrb package, as I may need
DM> something "more powerful" like this in the future.

Now I know you only needed verbatim for filenames I would like to draw
your attention to the url package. Its basic usage is to typeset URLs
which can contain also special characters like % and _. It will typeset
these without the need to escape them, so if your filenames are not too
wild they will also fit. You use \url{file_name.eps} then. One caveat: it
will hyphenate them at certain points if necessary.

And if _ is the only problem character, the following definition may help
to use the _ character within \texttt{}:

\catcode`\_=13
\def_{\relax\ifmmode\sb\else\char`\_\fi}

--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum at hccnet.nl

"help" (no quotes) in the body.