[OS X TeX] accented chars in mac-emacs

Michel Bovani michel.bovani at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 11 04:16:49 EDT 2002

Le 10/06/02 22:06, « Bruno Voisin » <Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr> a écrit :

> Le lundi 10 juin 2002, à 09:41 , Michel Bovani a écrit :
>
>> Who knows a way to obtain accented chars (latin1 or mac encoding) in
>> mac-emacs ?
>
> In case that helps: four years ago, at a time I was working in a
> Linux-only environment, here is what a computer officer told me:

[...]

I already try it but it didn't work.
In fact, latin1 encoded files are read by mac emacs (theses files may be
typesetted by teTeX) but accented chars appears as little white sqares, and
pressing th "é" key, for instance has no effect at all.

May be it is an implementation problem (or a shell problem).
> By the way, I have a related off-topic question: does anybody know how
> to input accented characters in Terminal.app?

It is not a Terminal problem (try to enter the cat command, you may then
type accented chars...) but a tcsh problem.

If you choose zsh as your default shell (or as terminal default shell) you
will be able to enter accented chars...

--
Michel Bovani

"help" (no quotes) in the body.