[OS X TeX] fixed: lucida installation

chip brock brock at pa.msu.edu
Tue Jun 18 21:43:15 EDT 2002

hi

Okay...I seem to have fixed the lucida font problem. The clue was the
realization that in Michael's console dump of his simple file, that only the
lumath directory seemed to hang from his /User/mmurray/... chain, rather
than the /usr/local/... chain like mine. When I moved my math fonts to a
similar directory chain built from my home directory, the math worked.

This still left some of the other rendering weird, like: bold headings I
think were not bold and the combination "fi" was still rendered as a box.
So, being a good physicist, I saw the pattern and moved the whole yandy
subdirectory set into my home directory chain. After fiddling with the
preamble, it all renders properly, as far as I can tell (leaving only
undiscovered mistakes, I suppose).

SO, for posterity:

1) The placement of the pfb files are:

[brock:fonts/type1/yandy] brock% pwd
/Users/brock/Library/texmf/fonts/type1/yandy
[brock:fonts/type1/yandy] brock% ls -R
lubright lucida   lucidfax lucsans  lumath

./lubright:
LBD.PFB copy     LBI.PFB copy     LBSL.PFB copy    lbdsc.pfb
lbrsc.pfb
LBDI.PFB copy    LBR.PFB copy     lbd.pfb          lbi.pfb          lbsl.pfb
LBDSC.PFB copy   LBRSC.PFB copy   lbdi.pfb         lbr.pfb

./lucida:
LBC.PFB copy     LBL.PFB copy     LBTR.PFB copy    lbkr.pfb         lbto.pfb
LBH.PFB copy     LBTB.PFB copy    lbc.pfb          lbl.pfb          lbtr.pfb
LBKI.PFB copy    LBTBO.PFB copy   lbh.pfb          lbtb.pfb
LBKR.PFB copy    LBTO.PFB copy    lbki.pfb         lbtbo.pfb

./lucidfax:
LFD.PFB copy  LFI.PFB copy  lfd.pfb       lfi.pfb
LFDI.PFB copy LFR.PFB copy  lfdi.pfb      lfr.pfb

./lucsans:
LSB.PFB copy     LSI.PFB copy     LSTO.PFB copy    lsd.pfb          lstb.pfb
LSBI.PFB copy    LSR.PFB copy     LSTR.PFB copy    lsdi.pfb
lstbo.pfb
LSD.PFB copy     LSTB.PFB copy    lsb.pfb          lsi.pfb          lsto.pfb
LSDI.PFB copy    LSTBO.PFB copy   lsbi.pfb         lsr.pfb          lstr.pfb

./lumath:
LBMA.PFB   LBMD.PFB   LBMDO.PFB  LBMI.PFB   LBMS.PFB   LBR.PFB
LBMAD.PFB  LBMDI.PFB  LBME.PFB   LBMO.PFB   LBMSD.PFB
[brock:fonts/type1/yandy] brock%

2) The working preamble is:

\documentclass[11pt,landscape]{book}
\usepackage{amssymb}