[OS X TeX] --dvipsopts "-Ppdf"

Joachim Kock kock at math.unice.fr
Tue Mar 12 05:06:10 EST 2002

Hello,

a very minor issue:
the new version of TeXShop uses the option   --dvipsopts "-Ppdf"
to altpdflatex.  On run, this option gives about 30 warnings like this:

   Warning: module writet1 of dvips (file rsfs10.pfb): character 27
                                               is mapped to .notdef

which I don't get when running without the option...

Since I don't see any difference in the resulting pdf file, I was
tempted to turn the option off, just to get rid of those warnings,
but I thought I would raise the question to the list: what does the
warning mean?  Is it something to care about?

(I have looked in texmf/dvips/config/config.pdf without finding any
clue...)

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Joachim.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.