[OS X TeX] Lucida Fonts - how to invoke use once installed

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Thu Mar 14 00:52:38 EST 2002

Hi Gary,

>but I only had to use:
>
>\usepackage[expert]{lucidabr}
>
>to get what I wanted. I include the "expert" option to get bold math fonts.
>
>[1] Do I need to specify the encoding?

>[2] What does the "bm" package do that I can't get with "amsmath"?

I don't know the answer to these I have just been doing this
for a few years !

I tried to do instead

\usepackage[expert]{lucidabr}
\usepackage{amsthm, amsmath}

and it seemed to work just as well so I will stick with it.

>It appears that in the former, I am getting the Lucida versions and in the
>latter the Computer Modern/AMS versions. Is this the proper behavior?

I am not sure if it is proper but I get the same behavious as you. In the
second of those two options the CM AMS fonts come back.

However it I do

\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage[expert]{lucidabr}
\usepackage{amsthm, amsmath}

I don't get the ams fonts. I guess the last thing to load wins :-)

Thanks - Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt