[OS X TeX] How to crop a PDF to the BBox?

J.Huelsmann J.Huelsmann at tu-bs.de
Wed Mar 13 03:49:30 EST 2002

I often use the MacOS X printdialog to save pdf-files if an
Application can´t do so by itself. But the graphic I want to have is
'included' in the pagesize you choose to print e.g. A4.

My way to use only the real graphic in pdflatex is

a) go to terminal and look for the Bounding Box with gs -dNOPAUSE
-dBATCH -sDEVICE=bbox myfile.pdf

b) copy the bounding box values to the viewport flag of
\includegraphics (graphicx package)

So in the .tex file it looks like this:
\includegraphics[viewport=102 324 470 779]{myfile.pdf}
but this is not what I really want because to use myfile.pdf I always
have to know the corresponding bounding box data.

My question:
Is there a way/App to crop a pdf-file to the bounding box? Perhaps
ghostscript (but how)?
I tried pdf2ps then pstoepsi then epstopdf: the cropping was OK but
all fonts are bitmapped now :-(

any suggestions?

cheers, Jan

"help" (no quotes) in the body.