[OS X TeX] Problems with Babel package.

Maarten Sneep sneep at nat.vu.nl
Thu Mar 14 10:17:18 EST 2002

On 14-Mar-02 Piet van Oostrum wrote:
#  Bruno is right. Once you have this modified language.dat installed in your
#  own directory, each time you install a new teTeX from Gerben you get your
#  languages automatically in your TeX.

Yes, but with one problem (I got bitten by it, so I know). nehyph2.tex was
removed from the distribution recently and the hyphenation patterns couldn't be
created because nehyph2.tex wasn't found. The newly created language.dat
contained the correct reference, but my local copy (which wasn't touched by the
installer) was outdated.

How do you solve something like this in a local config? (apart from checking
every time that you install that everything went as planned and if not:
figuring out what to do...)

I understand that Gerben is working on a solution (an easier to parse format
for language.dat and presumably a user-interface upon installing, but I may get
ahead of things here...)

Maarten Sneep

Murphy's Law, supplemental:
Never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.