[OS X TeX] Fonts included with Textures?

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Wed Mar 27 05:39:40 EST 2002

Le mercredi 27 mars 2002, à 11:15 AM, Rick Zaccone a écrit :

>> Here are some details on the installation of the Lucida Bright
>> family (I
>> assume that is what you are referring to -- if not, I apologize):
>
> I would like to see similar instructions for installing Mathtime from
> Blue Sky.  Does anyone have instructions?

They are essentially similar to Gary Gray's instructions for Lucida,
with one difficulty though: teTeX is set for MathTime Complete fonts (=
MathTime 1.1 + MathTime Plus), whereas Blue Sky sells only MathTime 1.1.
So you must either configure teTeX for using MathTime 1.1, or purchase
the missing MathTime Plus fonts from Y&Y.

Referring to Gary Gray's instructions:

[1] The creation of .pfb fonts from the MathTime fonts MTEX, MTSY and
RMTMI works exactly as for Lucida, using Tom Kiffe's CMacTeX.

[2] No renaming necessary, maybe just transforming uppercase into
lowercase. You will get:

mtex.pfb
mtsy.pfb
rmtmi.pfb

[3] Move them to ~/Library/texmf/fonts/type1/yandy/mathtime

Then comes the tricky bit. Download the mathtime distribution from CTAN,
for example:

<ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-
archive/macros/latex/contrib/supported/psnfssx/mathtime/>

Then open mathtime.ins and uncomment the line:

%\def\mtplus{}

Then run LaTeX on mathtime.ins, it will recreate a few files. Move all
.fd and .sty files to ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/mathtime.

You're done! The documentation is in mathtime.txt and mathtime.dtx,
which you may keep and move to ~/Library/texmf/doc/latex/mathtime if
desired.

Hope this works,

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.