[OS X TeX] xdvi won't stop generating fonts

William McCallum mccallumwilliam at qwest.net
Wed Mar 13 01:02:25 EST 2002

This may not be an xdvi problem, but I don't know. I can't get xdvi to
stop regenerating pk files. It calls mktexpk for every font every time I
view a file. If the pk file already exists it moves onto the next font,
but the process is still very slow, since it takes a while for mktexpk
to report that the file exists.

I have followed the instructions for xdvi you get from fink describe
xdvi and added the specified lines to the file texmf.cnf.  After that I
restarted. But I still have the same problem.

I am using
xdvi-22.51-2
system-tetex-20010808-5

Any help would be much appreciated.