[OS X TeX] Fonts in OSX - TeX

Hemant Bhargava hkb at mac.com
Tue Mar 5 08:07:45 EST 2002

On Tuesday, March 5, 2002, at 07:56 AM, Michael Murray wrote:

> Hi Hemant,
>
> I don't think you need to do anything for the TeX side of things. Those
> three sets of fonts will all come with
> teTeX and already be installed in the correct places.
>
> Whenever I have had pdf's I can't read it is because the author hasn't
> embedded the ps fonts properly in the
> document and so they are bitmaps on screen although they print OK. So I
> guess I don't know the answer
> to your Acrobat Reader problems.
>
> -- Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply, and for clarifying the issue about fonts and
teTeX.

I follow your argument regarding documents where the author hasn't
embedded fonts properly. However, I have faced printing problems (rare,
admittedly) for some of the documents generated on my own machine! I
think this is restricted to cases where I'm trying to print, say, 4
pages to a sheet. (And I think this one happens in Acrobat, but works
fine within Previewer.) Is this solvable?

Cheers,

- Hemant

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.