[OS X TeX] How do I instal Mathtime fonts?

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Thu Mar 14 11:03:01 EST 2002

TH> Bruno and Michael:
TH> I am still confused (but much less so than 8 hours ago). PostScript fonts
TH> require two separate files, one outline file (.pfb) and one metrics file
TH> (.pfm), right?
No. pfm is a Microsoft invention. A Type 1 font should come with a .afm
file which contains metric information. Of course for TeX you need a .tfm
file, you don't need the .afm file except to make the .tfm file. For many
fonts the .tfm files can be found on CTAN, however.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum at hccnet.nl

"help" (no quotes) in the body.