[OS X TeX] Equation Service

Arun Mangalam arun_mangalam at mac.com
Fri Mar 22 08:56:26 EST 2002

I think this service uses exclusively LaTeX primitives vs. Gerben's
service uses ConTeXt & LaTeX primitives [since ConTeXt includes some
LaTeX compatibility]. I haven't tried in a long time, but I imagine you
could even include some native MetaPost code in Gerben's utility, given
that you are somewhat aware of the simple ConTeXt syntax...

In any case, all this depends on how you are enclosing the "copied TeX"
code and compiling it. I think both can use AMS-LaTeX extensions.

Also, maybe I'm wrong, this service has a cropping box that is not as
tight as the one from Gerben. Maybe there's a way to be as tight, as an
option perhaps.

However, looking at the source code would make comparisons and
improvements a lot easier. :-)

- Arun

On Thursday, March 21, 2002, at 02:16 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Seems very nice and powerful. Is it related to Gerben's
> GWTeXServices.app, from December last year?
>
> Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.