[OS X TeX] Monolithic (old style) TeX+GS installer re-upgraded

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Tue May 7 07:50:55 EDT 2002

There was a problem with the monolithic installer preventing it to
finish installation correctly. This has been fixed and the fix has been
tested (once) on my system. I did change more than just one line of
script for this, so the new version might have a new problem I am
unaware of (Murphy's law and all that). having said that, I am confident
this is not the case. It is up to you people to do the real world
test ;-)

As it is now, both new-style and old-style are in sync again wrt to the
contents. Note: the new style installer has a mechanism detecting what
version has been installed. However, installing the old-style installer
does not update that information. So using a mix of old-style and
new-style installers does work, but the result will be that the
new-style installer will display erroneous information about software
packages installed.

For links to the various installers, please visit
http://www.rna.nl/tex.html

"help" (no quotes) in the body.