[OS X TeX] pdfnup

Tore Haug-Warberg haugwarb at chembio.ntnu.no
Sat May 4 08:47:30 EDT 2002

Hi!

Maybe not the same thing, but at least related, I would like to print pages
in non-standard order e.g. 4,1 + 8,5 + 12,9 + etc., and 2,3 + 6,7 + 10,11
etc. Typically I would first print two A5-pages on one A4 sheet in
landscape mode, turn the paper and print two new A5-pages on the back. This
would allow me to print booklets ready for binding. Is this something of
interest to you?

Best regards, Tore.

At 04:18 PM 5/2/02 +0100, you wrote:
>Perhaps some members of this list might be interested in having "pdfnup",
>which converts a pdf document to 2-up, 4-up or whatever, for more
>economical printing.  In essence, pdfnup is a simple front end (with a
>drag-and-drop interface under OS X version 10.1.3 or later) to parts of
>the excellent "pdfpages" package (by Andreas Matthias) for pdfLaTeX.
>
>See http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~firth/pdfnup/ for more.
>
>I have not been able to test it properly on systems other than my own, so
>I would be very grateful for any comments.  It works fine for me, but I
>would not mind spending a *little* more time on pdfnup if more is needed
>to make it work for everyone else.
>
>It does rely on a fairly recent version of pdfTeX.  Mine reports:
>
>     This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211 (Web2C 7.3.7)
>
>and if yours is much earlier than that you might expect problems.
>
>David

>"help" (no quotes) in the body.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.