[OS X TeX] 7 new i-Packages

ccr-mactex at creutzig.de ccr-mactex at creutzig.de
Wed May 22 04:49:09 EDT 2002

Gerben Wierda <sherlock at rna.nl> writes:

> It turns out Bruno was just describing logging out and in again. I
> thought there was some setting that enabled him to launch apps as root
> while being logged in as bruno. Too bad, there isn't. But there is
> Pseudo.app.

 There are a number of such possibilities:

- From the command line, invoke 'sudo open something.app'

- Use Skeleton Key, from
  http://www.spectralclass.com/software/skeleton.php.  Unfortunately,
  works with cocoa apps only.

- As written on
  http://www.resexcellence.com/hack_html_01/10-24-01.shtml, you can
  even use Skeleton Key to have a second finder running as root.  Any
  program started from there will inherit root privileges.

 I haven't tested Skeleton Key, but only read reports that it worked.

--
Attachment? Nein: http://piology.org/ILOVEYOU-Signature-FAQ.html
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs

"help" (no quotes) in the body.