[OS X TeX] opening files with hyperref?

chip brock brock at pa.msu.edu
Mon May 27 12:38:46 EDT 2002

hi

I wondered if anyone knows how to do this?

Using hyperref, I can nicely open pdf files to windows of a particular size
by having prepared the target pdf file by modifying the Open Options of
Document Properties and then using \href to link to that modified pdf file.
What I would _really_ like to do is use \href (or equivalent) to open an
*html* file to a window of a particular size. Of course, I can imbed a
changeScreenSize javascript inside the target file and that works fine with
\href...

Both of these methods require me to prepare the target file, pdf or html,
beforehand. I'd like to issue a command to open the html file to a specific
size from within the LaTeX - like I could if I was defining the link within
an html file: there, I would initiate a javascript action attached to the
hyperlink to open to a particular window size and to particular attributes
(scroll, etc).

But, is there any way to do the equivalent thing from a command originating
in LaTeX through pdf? I think that javascripts can be run within pdfs, but
it doesn't seem that this fits here...

thanks!

Raymond Brock  *  Professor of Physics

Department of Physics and Astronomy
Michigan State University  *  East Lansing, MI  48824

"help" (no quotes) in the body.