[OS X TeX] e-tex (Hebrew right-to-left) through TeXShop

Wolter Rose whrose at mac.com
Tue May 14 10:15:46 EDT 2002

I have enjoyed using TeXShop for some months now, but only in a basic mode. The next step I want to make is to use Hebrew in TeXShop. I understand that TeTeX supports e-tex (right-to-left (LA)TeX), which implies that this should be possible. Then I can run environments like

   \beginR{ }\endR\

I hope someone can help me to answer two questions I have:

(1) How do I set TeXShop to run e-tex?
(2) In which directory do I put the Hebrew (LaTeX) fonts and how do I put them there (do I need to log in as "root", or is there a more easy way)?

Thanks for your help

Wolter Rose,
The Netherlands

"help" (no quotes) in the body.