[OS X TeX] danish hyphenation patterns

Alessandro Languasco languasc at math.unipd.it
Fri Nov 1 12:13:15 EST 2002

On Venerdì, nov 1, 2002, at 14:17 Europe/Rome, Steffen Lund Hokland
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just joined the list and havn't been able to find anything on the
> subject. I need to enable the hyphnation patterns for danish, so I
> copied the language.dat file from
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/generic/config/ to
> ~/Library/texmf/tex/generic/config/
> and uncommented the line containing danish. Then as root: fmtutil --all
> I thought this would work, but it didn't.
> What am I missing?

Hi Steffen and welcome!

Gerben Wierda some times ago suggested me to use texconfig.
Open the terminal and type

sudo texconfig

insert your password and a menu will appear.
Choose
hyphen

and then choose the format in which  you wish to use the danish
hyphenation.
The editor called vi automatically opens the right file language.dat.
Uncomment the line of danish language,
save the file and quit vi and the terminal.

Automatically the formats will be recreated with the danish hyphenation
added.
If the next time you will use texshop you will see something
like that

"Babel <v3.7h> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german,
ngerman, d
utch, italian, nohyphenation, loaded."

(with, obviously, the word danish instead of italian)
everything should run fine.

Bye,
	Alessandro