[OS X TeX] yet more TeXShop slowness

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Nov 4 18:15:47 EST 2002

>Hi all,
>the slow syntax coloring has never bothered me. however until today i had
>slow coloring but normal text editing. today for the first time text
>editing became amazingly slow - a burst of typing could take 10-15 seconds
>to appear. so i turned off syntax coloring and text editing was back to
>normal. the slow coloring and slow editing are related, then - does the
>program check for coloring after every keystroke? i wonder why text editing
>was normal for so long? it's not a case of a document getting longer
>because i'm just editing a document without changing its size much.
>
>sorry if this has already been discussed.
>TIA for any suggestions.
>
>tom

Hi

How large is the document? I have found large - book size documents
are very slow. Smaller papers 5-10 pages are OK.

Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
School of Pure Mathematics         Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt