[OS X TeX] Making an Image Stay In Place

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Thu Nov 21 08:43:28 EST 2002

Try

\begin{figure}[h]

The [h] asks latex to place the figure "h"ere, if it can (you can also
use t or/and b for top or bottom placement). However, latex has its own
mind and doesn't always oblige. A figure is not just like any other
paragraph because it cannot be split between pages. Depending on how
you document evolves and where the figure is with respect to the page,
the placement could change.

Themis