[OS X TeX] i-Installer v2 Release candidate 3e released

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Thu Nov 21 18:03:47 EST 2002

I have just released an update to i-Installer. There was one item I
wanted to implement, before I finish up on the Help and documentation
(and code clean up) and move to version 2.0.

This version has a special trick on board if you want to be alerted
automatically if packages have been updated, without having to start
i-Installer itself. You can set a day/time in preferences for an
automatic check to run on your default i-Package directory. If your
system is turned on at that time, all i-packages in that directory will
be checked and if any of those have been updated, you will get a mail
message *)

Note: this uses local mail on your system, if that is not configured to
work (and I do not know if it works out of the box, my system is
heavily adapted at this point) it will proably not work.

NOTE: this version will reset your preferences to defaults the first
time you run it. Reset your directories, etc.

Downloads through: http://www.rna.nl/ii.html

*) For unix-geeks among us: It uses crontab. Run crontab -l in a
Terminal window after you have set a date/time to see what it does. If
you know what you are doing, you might copy that info to check on
different locations/packages