[OS X TeX] installing TeX-Fat.dmg

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Oct 28 16:57:25 EST 2002

>	I am a bit behind on this mailing list, so this might be already
>solved.  I don't know if the various TeX things need the Apple Developer
>Tools installed or not, but it might help to make sure that they are
>installed.  They are either on a separate disk that came with Mac OS X, or
>are in the "Applications" -> "Installers" folder (or something like that),
>or you have to jump through some hoops at apple to download them.

Hi Johann

It turned out to be a lack of the BSD subsytem. When you install there
is an option to turn off the installation of various things and
the BSD subsytem is one of them.  This is different to the
developer tools which are yet another collection of things.

Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
School of Pure Mathematics         Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt