[OS X TeX] Jaguar

Troy Goodson Troy.D.Goodson at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 3 14:21:16 EDT 2002

On Thursday, October 3, 2002, at 10:48  AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> I am thinking of  switching from 10.1.5 to 10.2.
>
> 1] will I have to reinstall any of the tex package (tetex, TeXshop,
> Mathtimes)?

I installed Jaguar with the option to save and restore my Users
directory.  I had to reinstall all my 'personal' Unix stuff, including
teTeX & Ghostscript.  I also went to the latest TeXShop version.

> 2] is TeXShop with syntax coloring on as slow as was reported earlier
> in this list?

TeXShop's speed doesn't bother me, but I'm using an 800 MHz G4
PowerBook.  I suspect it's not as fast as NeXT, but I don't know for
sure...

> 3] does it take special tricks to get things to  work in 10.2?

Not for me.

> 4] is the switch worth it? I am referring to the
> efficiency/compatibility with respect to tetex/TeXShop

there are some fixes to the PDF stuff in 10.2.1 that I'm very happy to
have (including some PDF bugs that I reported to
<http://bugreport.apple.com/>), so it was worth it for me.

Troy.