[OS X TeX] Strange TeXShop margins behaviour

Campbell Brown cbrown at coombs.anu.edu.au
Thu Oct 24 19:20:40 EDT 2002

>>Michael, thanks for responding. You mean you print to file, then open
>>that file in Acrobat? That makes no difference here. Or are you somehow
>>directly producing an Acrobat file, bypassing the Apple PDF? I don't
>>quite understand how you're avoiding it while still using TeXShop :)
>>
>>Tim
>>

>Hi Tim,
>
>I just open the pdf that texshop has produced in acrobat and then
>print it.  Thats seems to be OK for me.

For what it's worth, I use precisely the same procedure to overcome
problems of the kind described earlier in this thread (i.e., erratic
margin behavior when printing from TeXShop).

I have also found that people running different operating systems
(windows, linux) sometimes have difficulty opening my
TeXShop-produced PDF files. However, if I open such a file in
Acrobat, and then "save a copy", the PDF file thereby produced is
perfectly readable on other systems.

Cheers,
Campbell