[OS X TeX] tips for transfig and fig2dev?

Troy Goodson Troy.D.Goodson at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Oct 18 12:39:28 EDT 2002

I've been playing a little with jFig (the java xFig), which seems to
work nicely as an OS X app once you package it up.  Now, I'd like to
install fig2dev and, I guess, transfig.

I've downloaded
<ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/applications/drawing_tools/transfig/
transfig.3.2.3d.tar.gz> which appears to be the latest version.  It's
from May 29, 2001 and I don't see any comments about Darwin or OS X in
it's README.  I also searched the web archives of the fink-devel and
fink-users lists, but I didn't find any discussion of fig2dev or
transfig.  So, before I go trying to build & install it, I thought I'd
ask if anyone knows of any problems or tips.

Thanks in advance,

Troy.