[OS X TeX] Jaguar

Adrian Heathcote adrian.heathcote at philosophy.usyd.edu.au
Thu Oct 3 21:34:46 EDT 2002

Themis

I did a simple upgrade and did not have any of Bruno's problems:
archive and install seems to cause more trouble than it's worth. In my
experience the move to 10.2.1 was well worth it; though I
simultaneously upgraded TeTeX and TeXShop---no problems since then with
either.
> 4] is the switch worth it? I am referring to the
> efficiency/compatibility with respect to tetex/TeXShop
These worked before and they work since. I haven't noticed myself any
slow up with syntax colouring.

But the real improvements are in the Quartz PDF display engine for
postscript. Word, for example, now works, in a way that it patently
didn't before (obviously the fault was with Apple rather than
MS---surprise!) and I suspect that everything that uses postscript
fonts has been smoothed out a little (i.e. Illustrator, Omnigraffle,
etc.) So if these apps are important in your work flow---and they are
in mine, since I write in TeX but must give journals articles that are
in Word format, these changes make 10.2.1 a must-have upgrade.

My 0.02 Euros

Adrian Heathcote