[OS X TeX] installing TeX-Fat.dmg

Tim Lighthiser lighthisertim at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 27 02:01:07 EST 2002

Ted,

Thank you!

I thought we hit pay dirt, but no such luck.

The icon appeared on the desktop, the install windows
come up, but then:

For texfoundations, "unarchiving failed . . . "
appears, and is followed by:
teTeX-texmf.pre_install: /usr/bin/basename: No such
file or directory
tar (child): Cannot exec gzip: No such file or
directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
/Users/tlighthiser/.Trash/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/gnutar:
Child returned status 2
/Users/tlighthiser/.Trash/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/gnutar:
Error exit delayed from previous errors
Task terminated with status 2

For TeX programs, "unarchiving failed" appears, and is
followed by:
TeXLive-bin.pre_install: /usr/bin/basename: No such
file or directory
TeXLive-bin.pre_install: /usr/bin/basename: No such
file or directory
tar (child): Cannot exec gzip: No such file or
directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
/Users/tlighthiser/.Trash/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/gnutar:
Child returned status 2
/Users/tlighthiser/.Trash/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/gnutar:
Error exit delayed from previous errors
Task terminated with status 2

For ghostscript, "unarchiving failed . . . " appears,
and is followed by:
gs6.01.pre_install: /usr/bin/basename: No such file or
directory

--- trogers at math.fsu.edu wrote:
> try dragging the i-installer onto your OS X desktop
> and then use it.
> mb
>
> -Ted
>

> On Sunday, October 27, 2002, at 01:00  AM, Tim
> Lighthiser wrote:
>
> > Thank you Michael,
> >
> > The icon is now clickable, but when I try to
> install
> > "Unarchiving failed . . ." appears and the
> following
> > is in the message box/es (and so on for TeX
> foundation
> > and TeX programs)
> >
> > gs6.01.pre_install: /usr/bin/basename: No such
> file or
> > directory
> > gs6.01.pre_install: /usr/bin/basename: No such
> file or
> > directory
> > tar (child): Cannot exec gzip: No such file or
> > directory
> > tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now

/Volumes/TeXvolume/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/gnutar:

http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/