[OS X TeX] off topic, breaking up pdf files.

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Sun Oct 27 00:43:42 EDT 2002

Hi

You could try pdfpages I guess. I am not sure if that would be
better or worse than print to pdf in Acrobat.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pdfpages}

\begin{document}

\includepdf[ pages={m-n}]{thebigfile.pdf}

\end{document}

Here m < n is the page range you want.

If you save this as smallbit.tex and tex it in texshop
it would create a pdf which is pages m to n of thebigfile.pdf

smallbit.tex  will need to be in the same folder/directory
as thebigfile.pdf or you will need a longer pathname.

Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
School of Pure Mathematics         Fax: 61+ 8 8303 3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt