[OS X TeX] Using MetaPost with TeXshop

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Sep 2 08:42:46 EDT 2002

On Sunday, September 1, 2002, at 08:36  PM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> I made a similar experience some time ago. But since I use  the
> excellent Latex package mfpic everything works fine and smoothly. I
> highly recommend it.
>
> Claus

I kept poking at the problem while the list's been down the last couple
days.  The problem is the boxes module -- if it's input, nothing gets
output.  If it isn't, MetaPost works fine.

But that's a shame -- it was the boxes package that I most wanted to
use!  mfpic doesn't provide the boxes functionality, so that doesn't
help (thanks for the suggestion, though!).  I'm going to be building a
bunch of diagrams of array manipulations, so easily being able to draw
bunches of named boxes and setting up arrows between them sounded
great, even easier (and prettier) than doing it by hand in OmniGraffle.

Has anybody had any recent experience using the boxes module?

Thanks!
  Mark