[OS X TeX] Newbie Questions

Stephan Hochhaus sh at mac-life.de
Wed Sep 4 09:01:00 EDT 2002

Hello List!

I am totally new to TeX and LaTeX and I have some newbie questions. I
try TeX now because I will need it for some scientific articles with
footnotes, but no math ;-)

1.) How do I get correct " signs? I need the German ones that look like
99 (at the bottom) and 66 (at the top)?

2.) How can I get another type into my document? I need to use the IPA
(international Phonetic Alphabet) font in order to display the correct
signs.

3.) Is there a way to use BBEdit as my editor? Right now I am using
TexShop and I like it because I can set and see what I just did.

Well, that's it (for the moment).
Please excuse my vague formulated questions, I am not a native speaker,
so bare with me.

Stephan