[OS X TeX] 10.2 permissions/crash/Apple doc

Axel E. Retif axretif at att.net.mx
Thu Sep 12 07:50:27 EDT 2002

Richard:

On Wednesday, September 11, 2002, at 11:17  PM, Richard Seguin wrote:

>  I wasn't aware of fsck -y. Although I'm not presently having problems,
> I might run it just to become familiar with it.

In http://kbase.info.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/kbase.woa you can
search for Apple's instructions on fsck.

>  I'm not touching the disk utilities again though until I'm assured
> that they're compatible with 10.2. Norton Utilities, and Drive 10 (I
> hear), definitely are not. Do you know for sure what the status of
> DiskWarrior is?

The only time I used Norton Disk Doctor on OS X, it damaged my System so
badly that it took DiskWarrior a really long time to fix it. (I had been
using Norton Utilities since version 1 --before it was Symantec's--, so
I didn't expect this result.)

I haven't used Drive 10.

DiskWarrior (2.1), on the other hand, has worked (for me, at least)
flawlessly on Mac OS X 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2 (and, of course, System 9).

I hope you get better soon.

Axel