[OS X TeX] Recent allegations about tcsh

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Thu Sep 12 08:13:56 EDT 2002

Do you you folks have any idea how confused us unix-peasants are?

American theme of the 90s, "I want to be like Mike".  (Please excuse
the rest of this if you missed the Michael Jordan promotions of the 90s)

Apple TeXers theme of the 00s, "I want to be like Fred".

I wonder if Apple could use that in ads? ;)
sl8r

On Thursday, September 12, 2002, at 08:04  AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> I have taken this off list to see if we can come to maybe an agreed
> common statement on cli-issues.
>
> However, to prevent users doing things that make matters from my
> support perspective worse, I'll have this comment:
>
> On Thursday, September 12, 2002, at 12:50 , Jordan Hubbard wrote:
>
>> In any case, Gerben has made the situation sound far more apocalyptic
>> and dire than it really is, and the fact of the matter is that if
>> you're a naive user who will never customize your settings further
>> but like being Fred Sanchez, you can simply follow the README letter
>> for letter and nothing bad will happen to you beyond bearing a sudden
>> uncomfortable resemblance to Fred.
>
> If you follow the tcsh examples/README instructions letter for letter,
> my TeX distribution will not work for you from the command line. That
> could be seen as 'bad' but that depends on your perspective.

(+1) 937-775-5085
http://www.cs.wright.edu/~jslater