[OS X TeX] yhmath package

Leah Berman lberman at ursinus.edu
Thu Apr 1 15:56:21 EST 2004

Hi--

I've been having a couple of weird pdf rendering issues, and I was
hoping someone might have some good ideas.

I'm trying to use the yhmath package to put an arc sign above several
letters (as in, arc ABC), using the command \wideparen. For some
reason, the curvy bit that is supposed to show up over the letters
doesn't. I can see it using a PC, but not on the pdf from TeXShop (It
doesn't show up using either TeXShop, Preview, or Acrobat.) It doesn't
seem to matter if I am compiling using TeX+ghostscript or pdftex.

Also, I have some .eps graphics (geometric diagrams) that I converted
to .pdf using TeXShop and then included in a .tex file. Mysteriously,
although the graphic looks great in TeXShop, when I print it, some of
the letters are missing, and they're also missing if I clip it from
TeXShop (say, to stick it into a keynote presenation using expose).

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

I am using OS X 10.3, TeXShop 1.34, and the TeX I get from the
i-Installer, but I haven't updated that in a while.

Thanks,

Leah
Leah Wrenn Berman, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
Pfahler Hall, 101K
Ursinus College
P.O. Box 1000
Collegeville, PA  19426