[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package updated (on Yale only)

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 3 04:04:56 EST 2004

On 3 apr 2004, at 10:07, Julien Salort wrote:

> Maarten Sneep <maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> There are some changes that may be of interest to others here as well:
>> official utf-8 support in the inputenc package (without needing the
>> ucs
>> package)
>
> What is the replacement of ucs' options then ? (ie. mathletters,
> autogenerated, etc.) Have they become useless or is there a way to pass
> them to inputenc ?

I have no idea, I'm just quoting from the latest latex newsletter. I do
not know how they started with their utf8 support, maybe ucs was used
as a starting point. Just for fun I downloaded inputenc.dtx from CTAN.
I'll try to latex it and see what they've done, it should be documented
there.

The bit I'm interested in is the fixing of the exact scaling of the T1
encoded CM version wrt the OT1 encoded (there seemed to be a
difference).

Maarten