[OS X TeX] Tex on Windoze -- my summary

Alessandro Languasco ale.languasco at poc.it
Mon Apr 12 12:33:13 EDT 2004

On 12 apr 2004, at 18:09, Rene Borgella Jr. wrote:
> What I really did like about WinEdt was its reader: YAP.

YAP is the .dvi reader of MikTeX. WinEdt is a beatiful editor; it is
not a TeX distro.

> I am trying to get YAP to work with TeXnicCenter; if I can do that,
> then I'll really give TeXnic a good workout and testing. I 'll let you
> all know more about TeXnicCenter when I use it.

Recently I had to work on an old Toshiba (of a colleague of mine; I have
only Apple machine :-))  to install all the TeX stuffs
and so I know that you can set YAP easily to obtain the dvi-tex
synchronization
with TeXnicCenter.
I am using my titanium now, so I cannot be very precise but I remember
I had to search  something like "inverse synchro" in some YAP menus and
set  TeXnicCenter as preferred app  (together with its path on C:
...aaaarrrggghhhh  ;-) ).

I have also to remark that WinEdt is Shareware (40 $)
while TeXnicCenter is free.

Bye,
	Alessandro