[OS X TeX] LaTeX -> Word?

Thomas Schröder hydrochlorix at gmx.net
Tue Apr 20 07:08:08 EDT 2004

Am 20.04.2004 um 10:20 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

Hello Bruno,

> Did you try TtH <http://hutchinson.belmont.ma.us/tth/>? It's free for
> non-commercial use (mostly educational). It converts formulae to
> structural markup, not graphics. The examples display not too bad in
> IE, thus it shouldn't work too bad with Word.
>
> A version has been compiled for the Mac as part of the shareware OzTeX
> <http://www.trevorrow.com/oztex/>. I just tried it on an old plain TeX
> document, with lots of multiline formulae, the resulting .html file
> opens in Word and doesn't look too bad. The equations will need manual
> editing in many places, but that looks as a good starting point.

I just downloaded OzTeX (haven't been using it really, since I switched
to OS X a few years ago) and gave the version of TtH that comes with it
a try. In my test file the simple formula was converted OK, the Greek
letters (α β γ) were turned into Roman letters (a b g), German special
symbols (ä ö ü ß) were translated to very weird letters (Š š Ÿ §),
images were ignored, or rather turned into non-working links and the
\usepackage command was considered an unknown command. All in all I'd
say TtH is not for me ;-)

But thanks for the tip.

	Bye, Thomas