[OS X TeX] LaTeX -> Word?

Thomas Schröder hydrochlorix at gmx.net
Tue Apr 20 12:10:12 EDT 2004

Am 20.04.2004 um 15:54 schrieb William F. Adams:

Hi William,

> On Tuesday, April 20, 2004, at 09:32  AM, Thomas Schröder wrote:
>
> The only things along these lines are latex2rtf (w/ Adam Maxwell
> mentioned and Thomas had tried w/o success) and the commercial /
> shareware tex2word program. The latter is only available for Windows
> AFAIK though.

I think I tried a demo a few years ago but wasn't too pleased with the
output. Maybe I should give it another go.

> I'd suggest looking at latex2rtf again and seeing what the error
> messages are saying.

I think this is no go. I mean how much simpler can a LaTeX document get
than this?

------------
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[applemac]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{graphicx,german}
\begin{document}

Das ist ein Test. ä ö ü ß

$\alpha ~ \beta ~\gamma$

\begin{figure}[h]
\centering
\fbox{\includegraphics{Benzol}}
\caption{Eine kleine Abbildung}
\end{figure}

\begin{equation}
E = m \cdot c^2
\end{equation}

\end{document}
  ----------

latex2rtf can't even get this one right :-(

> I suspect it'd be easier to massage your document into a more
> straight-forward form that latex2rtf can manage w/ than to go some
> other route.

The LaTeX file above has been my test file for all the tests I did. It
is very simple and straightforward but alas no translator has been able
to do much with it.

> Does anyone know if there's some sort of standard or utility for
> helping out w/ author shortcuts / abbreviations / macros?

I don't think I can help here :-(

	Bye, Thomas