[OS X TeX] LaTeX -> Word?

Rene Borgella Jr. rene at macosx.com
Tue Apr 20 13:30:35 EDT 2004

Hi All:

Definitely low tech, but for me, a semi-novice
LaTex user, I haven't had any luck at all with
conventional tools when going from LaTex to Word.
If I am working with just fromatted text, then
latex2rtf works great (for me).  However, if I
have any equations in the document, I have the
best results if I do a KISS technique.  Namely, I
take the equations out of the LaTex document
first, then translate to .rtf --> then, as
horrible as they may look, put the equations into
Word using the "equation editor".  I know, I
know, this is far from elegant, but I've spent
far too much time trying to get the elegant
methods to work (including installing and running
OpenOffice).  For now, I have simply resigned
myself to my KISS methodology, until I learn of
another, better way.

René

ps -- KISS = keep it simple, stupid :-)