[OS X TeX] Word Count possibilities

Dr.John R.Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Tue Apr 20 20:48:49 EDT 2004

dvi2tty is already available in Gerben's distribution (type: man
dvi2tty in the terminal), and works quite well, even translating tables
to plain text!  After setting the directory to the folder containing
your source (in the terminal type: cd and drag the folder to the
terminal window and hit return), typing:

dvi2tty -o outfile infile.dvi

will produce the text of infile.dvi in outfile.  I defaults to 80 chars
per line, so adding the option -w132 prevents the line-wrap.

Anyway, it beats any of the options I had previously suggested,
although, as with pdf-->Acrobat-->text, the headers and page numbers
still appear, but are easily deleted.

--
John R. Vokey, PhD
Professor