[OS X TeX] finding all dependencies of a (La)TeX document

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu Apr 22 00:04:11 EDT 2004

Hello Fernando,

On 22/04/2004, at 1:53 PM, Fernando Pereira wrote:

> I'm looking for any tool that would find all included files and
> formats that a (La)TeX source file depends to facilitate the creation
> of self-contained archives that can be recompiled elsewhere. I know
> that this is impossible in general (TeX is Turing-complete), but a 95%
> solution would help a lot.

Use
     pdflatex -recorder  filename.tex

then look at the resulting  filename.fls .

This tells you each file that has been read during the job.
Add to that  pdflatex.fmt  .

If you want to know which information was read in creating  pdflatex.fmt
then you could find out by using that  -recorder  option when running
a command to rebuild the format.

This should get a long way through such a task.

Cheers

		Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114