[OS X TeX] LaTeX -> Word?

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu Apr 22 18:28:41 EDT 2004

On 21/04/2004, at 12:26 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 20 avr. 04, à 15:32, Thomas Schröder a écrit :
>
>> What I want is a way to convert my LaTeX files into Word files which
>> should work autamatically for the most part.
>
> I think there just isn't any such thing. If you really need to produce
> Word output, with no compromise on the quality of this output (as far
> as Word allows quality, that is) and no extensive manual editing, then
> you'd be better off using Word from the beginning, probably.

Here's a Windows program that purports to do a good job of  PDF -->
Word.
It costs, but not a lot, and there's a free demo. So it would be
interesting
to see what kind of a result it produces from a mathematical pdf-LaTeX
job.
(It's unlikely to give editable equations as such, but the result may
still
be useable for small edits.)

>> If I still have to adjust a few things manually than that's OK, and I
>> can also live with having to replace all of the images with better
>> quality ones. But all the other things like table of contents,
>> references, bibliography, footnotes, math, greek symbols, German
>> language, figures, tables, tabulars, index, nomenclature should work
>> automatically because if they don't than I guess I'd be faster doing
>> it by hand.

Cheers,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114